Moments

Moments
Moments

Blog Archive

Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's the little things........

This week, a sweet little third grader whom I've had the pleasure of working with this year, and whose father is overseas serving our country, came from her seat in the classroom to my small group.  She placed herself in the chair next to mine and asked, "Mr. B., can this be my assigned seat?"  I answered, "Sweetie, we don't have assigned seats, and you're always the first one here every day anyway, so just keep taking that seat!"   She smiled and replied, "Yeah, I like sitting next to you 'cause you make me feel safe and help me focus."  Each year as an educator has its ups and downs, and I don't think I'll soon forget that poignant moment.............

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this....makes all those "stupid" stories worthwhile, doesn't it??? :) thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Amy, it's why we do what we do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe, that is so touching! It is awesome that you have made a difference in this little girl's life! I can only imagine how you must have felt when she said that!

    ReplyDelete

Followers