Moments

Moments
Moments

Blog Archive

Saturday, June 4, 2011

THE WEEK FROM H.........EAVEN: The Graduations


                                                                                                                   
 Hard to believe, but in just one short week, I became the proud father of two college graduates!   

 



                                                                                                                         
My son John graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania on
May 7th, 2011. 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My daughter Karen graduated from Temple University in Philadelphiajust five days later on May 12th.

   




Wasn't it just yesterday that the principal of my oldest son Kevin's preschool had to grab one of John's hands while I grabbed the other one, and together we dragged him to the car.  You see, John threw a tantrum because his big brother got to be dropped off at school and he wanted to stay, and I had newborn Karen on my back in a carrier.  The other preschool  parents looked on  with sympathy and relief that it wasn't their child.  My desire to low key my arrivals and departures at   that school was severely jeopardized.  John has grown up into one of the most laid back and caring individuals I know. He is comfortable in his own skin and we are so proud of him and celebrate his milestone!

...and Karen...what can't you say about Karen?  This is the girl who had a neighborhood kid fall on her on a backyard jungle jim and exclaimed that she couldn't breathe.  We rushed her to the car and took her to the emergency room, had her examined, and got the good news that no bones were broken.  Years and years later, she and I rode in the car together and she informed me that about half way to the hospital, she began feeling better, but didn't want to tell me because we were so close to the hospital and she thought I would get mad.  Karen has grown into a caring, kind and hard working girl.  She has grown her hair and donated it to Locks of Love several times. She is a leader, a learner, and a doer.  We are so proud of her academic and professional achievement!  Catch her on Action News by following the link below!


There were many famous and fantastic speakers at their graduations, but John and Karen were our stars!
Congratulations kids.....We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers