Thursday, February 16, 2012

I'm 55 and Still Alive!!!!!

I'm 55
And still alive! 
SO
I'll see the Doc
At 9 o'clock  
 AND
He'll poke and prod
This age-old bod    
 SO
My nerves go bad
Got that from Dad
   AND

Leave lots of time to make the arrival,
The traffic speed's my only rival.

Gotta get there straightaway
Before they give my slot away.

But wait, I'm there at ten before
And don't see Doc come through the door
Thought this time reserved was mine
But things don't roll till half past nine.

Last year cholesterol was huge
Doc was not too thrilled
Could be meds if trends went on
No, I'll not be pilled!

Found lots of fiber foods to eat
And ate and ate and ate,
The doc looked at the brand new stats,
and said this wasn't great.

Did you compare the years, old Doc
No, let me take a look,
Oh yeah they're comin' down a bit
But you're not off the hook.

You've gained a little weight, he said
You need to lose some pounds,
I say, then get me there in June
When cookies can't be found.

For Christmas and my birthday passed
Just weeks and days have gone
If I can't have my cake and sweets
There's no need to go on.

And now the glove goes on his hand
And I am all aghast
He knows this is the fiercest part
So why's it always last?

Come back in six, I want to see.....
I see his friendly smile
Guess I'll do just what he says
I want to stay awhile!

I'M 55 AND STILL ALIVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers