Monday, May 21, 2012

29

Happy 29th anniversary with love, my Dear!  Isn't it amazing, considering that I had, at certain times in my life, made the statement that I would never get married?  Isn't it funny that when family weddings are discussed at any function, ours is one that is never forgotten?  Folks certainly remember many things about that day:  torrential rain, thunder, lightning, humidity, and hurricane-force winds. Remember the setting for our reception, that newly renovated hall with the roof that began leaking on us? Remember how the staff tried to move the table slightly, and the leak traveled with us? Remember in the church during the ceremony, when I might have been a little nervous, especially when the priest told me to repeat, "Jackie, take this ring," and there was silence? Remember that our best man, Steve, had to mutter so discreetly so that only I would hear, "Jackie, take this ring...."?   I must have finally repeated it cause we're still here. Remember how appropriate the timing of the thunder was? If there is a how-to manual on a marriage lasting 29 years, I've never read it.  I just know that in good times and bad, through richer and poorer, in sickness and in health, I've been blessed with a constant, a rock, a first-class wife who's a loving mother.  If I had to write a manual for a successful marriage, I couldn't.  We make mistakes, we apologize, we forgive, we give, we take, we respect,  we remain faithful, we share, we agree, we disagree, we support, we fight, we get over it, we never leave......... It's not always easy, but it's always right.  May it be the trend for the next 29 years! Happy 29th Anniversary with love, my Dear!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers