Sunday, October 6, 2013

OCTOBER OPTIMISM


The snares and cares were miles away on this summer-like October Saturday, and for a short time...




  • The PC was idle
  • The uncut grass was just a nutritious feast for the creatures and would still be there on Sunday and Monday
  • The government officials were frantically working out their differences and a solution was found
  • The media ignored the jerks, the twerps, and the twerks....and honor, dignity, and talent were in the spotlight again
  • Entertainment became entertaining again
  • Kids ran and played sans an electrical outlet or battery
  • Hard work was rewarded, no work had consequences 
  • Cold, wind, floods, and snow just didn't matter
  • Doctors and dentists fixed what was wrong, and if it 'weren't broke', it didn't get fixed
  • As my wife sat next to me, our heads cleared preparing us for our next day of routine
  • As my grownup little girl sat on the other side of me, I once again protected her from the cities and the highways
  • The word tax, as a noun and as a verb, didn't exist
  • Communication moved as slowly and gently as the ripples of the Chesapeake, paving the way for truth and destroying speculation
  • Occasional face-to-face conversation was the new constant texting







...as I sat at the water's edge with my wife and daughter, I took the calm of the Chesapeake on a summer-like October Saturday afternoon and sprinkled it over the world, destroying haste, angst, complication, and hate...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers