Wednesday, December 11, 2013

My Christmas In The 20th Century......


This is my Christmas through the 20th century decades...It begins with a simple stocking made of felt with neatly stitched edges, and with my name handwritten in black marker and in perfect cursive. Every Christmas morning, it rested against a pile of packages and was filled with candy, gum, pencils, and as I got older, camera film, flashcubes, and batteries.  It was a little under-appreciated during its active years between the 1950's and the 1980's.  All our stockings were rediscovered recently among Mom's memory makers.  It was practical in its day, and today its value is indeterminable.  And now, a story with a self, sisters, a spouse, and scions told in 'Wordless Wednesday' style...
Christmas in the 1950's

Christmas in the 1960's

Christmas in the 1970's

Christmas in the 1980's

And finally...Christmas in the 1990's

My Christmas in the 20th Century.....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers