Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Gift of Christmas

I love the gift of Christmas!

This Christmas season was packed with gifts.  No, not the expensive kind that the television people told me I'd be happy with.  I'm talking gifts from the heart, more treasures from the past discovered, family moments, and a reunion with some family members not seen in several years....



GIFT #1:
When my son's family was making my Christmas gift,
 little Jackie asked him what Grandpa Joe likes so she could
 decorate it.  He answered, "The Beatles."
  Jackie exclaimed, "Oh, I can
draw them!"
 ...and so she did, and I have a new favorite mug!



GIFT #2:
The Bonanno family Christmas gathering this year was especially festive.  It was the first time these two little cousins met.  The little girl, of course, is my two-year-old granddaughter Jenna, 
and the little boy is my sister's one-year-old grandson Nicholas.  Nicholas showed gentlemanly one-year-old affection for his cousin and Jenna was appropriately subdued for a two-year-old older woman.



GIFT #3:
The milestone of the year was the addition of my grandson Jeffrey to my timeline.  This photo was taken at the hospital in October of 2014. We had a big "AWWWW" moment after opening this enlarged and framed version of the photo, given to us by our daughter Karen.  Yes, sometimes simple is better.....  



GIFT #4
Christmas Day 2014:  
Sometimes it works 
best to let the picture do the talking!



GIFT #5:
A Christmas season discovery:
The first picture I can ever remember seeing of my mother holding me as an infant.  I thought there were none.....


GIFT #6:
I Love Christmas!
I love it all.  
I love the cookie baking and eating.  
I love pumpkin pie.
I love the annual viewings of It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Carol, and countless others.  

I love the music.  Each year I try to add a new album to my library.  This year's new Christmas find in the world of music was a 2008 set by Tommy James. I am old enough to remember Tommy James and the Shondells from the 1960's, so this set of reverently rocking Christmas standards and new compositions was the perfect purchase for this year and gave me that Christmas feeling with each spin.


I love my family.  The family time that exists without the burdens of school-work and work-work is irreplaceable.  Scrabble, Headbands, family movie time, a cup of tea with some cookies...


I love the tree, the lights, and the home...

I love the gift of Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers