Friday, December 16, 2016

What a surprise!

got a stroke.                                                                 
Was the second stroke.
Was listened to the second debate with Jackie.
She was talking to me and I didn't answer.        
9-1-1.
Brandywine Hospital for a TPA.
Helicopter ride to Jefferson Hospital.
Surgery.
Groin to brain.
Dissolved the stroke.
My family was me: Jackie, Kevin, John, Karen, Brain--all the night.
Monday, stroke was gone.
Right sight didn't move.
Each day was an adventure.
But Thursday, I moved.
Friday, this was a move to Bryn Mawr Rehab.
Weekend, Tests.
Monday, they found a clot in my leg, and I could not move out of the bed.
There was a third stroke before the second one.
Tuesday was better, got a drug that will be there forward.
Wednesday, good for walking, 1.25 miles with a physical therapist.
Thursday, Finished with the toilet, called nurse and I broke the cord.
He came in and here I was with the cork in my hand.
Oops!
Friday, I feel I can move.
A lot of things to thing better.
One day at a time...

Two helicopters for two strokes...one team


This is Jon. He was my nurse both times.


Homemade soup from a friend.


5 comments:

  1. Praying for you Joe! Love seeing your smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are doing better. Prayers keep coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and so grateful you are blogging again. You will be fine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Joe, I don't know how to do this stuff either. I am SO GLAD to see your smiling face and I know you are going to give it all you got. The prayers and love are flowing for your recovery and for Jackie and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there Joe, love your blog, speedy recovery and prayers to you and your lovely wife and family

    ReplyDelete

Followers