Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Bittersweet


This past Sunday we had company. The kids assembled at our house to see an old neighbor and good friend visiting from California. Jackie had a volunteer duty and would be joining us for dinner. We showed our friend the changed neighborhood with the tall trees and the new homes and the changed homes. We went to Wolf's Hollows County Park and they all went walking on the trails and I started reading. I was sitting on a picnic table bench. The next thing I can remember is my kids screaming my name and hurrying to get to me. My head was resting on the table. Dad!' 'Dad!' 'Are you all right?' At first I was in a stupor. It was a wonderful nap! After a few minutes, I felt invigorated. The kids got over it and I was fine!

Sandwiched in between Minch and Wolf's Hollow Parks was a visit to the schools. Our friend had not seen the newer buildings - has it been that long? We visited the older buildings, and my daughter snapped this picture of me in front of the Elementary School. We said that we have graduated, even retired me! The next day, I received a prerecorded phone call from the Superintendent of the District. It said that I would receive an email about the staff events and the beginning of the school year.

Bittersweet...

1 comment:

  1. I understand.... changes can be hard... and wonderful. Enjoy your blessings even if it takes time to adjust.

    ReplyDelete

Followers