Monday, May 30, 2011

The Gathering..............


We're in for a rare treat today.  All four kids are going to be here at the same time!  Do I detect a photo opportunity?  Yet another Christmas card picture?  I'm being reasonable, right?  I don't need to let go yet, do I?  They won't balk at the thought of being on one last Christmas card picture, right?  I'm gonna go for it, after all, they're only 26, 24, 22, and 17.  Yeah, they'll protest and say that we have to grow up.  Maybe we shouldn't even request that they pose.  We shouldn't embarrass them by being the only parents in the neighborhood with grown children that still send photo cards of their kids at Christmas.  It'll definitely make them cringe if we suggest it.  It'll be torture for them.  I say, let's go for it!.......................................

****************************************************

It's now 3:22 in the afternoon, barbecueing is done, there are laughs, there is good conversation, good food and beverage, and I've have officially been given an emphatic and choral "NO" in response to my inquiry into a 2011 Christmas card picture.  Even their Mom agrees that they're all grown up, and it's time for us to grow up too.  They say we can take pictures of them as long as we don't put them on a Christmas card..............SCORE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers