Sunday, April 22, 2012

To Tomorrow.........

I try to stay positive each day, boasting to some that, "You'd better laugh, 'cause if you don't, you'll cry!"  I think I've done a good job of smiling this year, despite our loss of no fewer than five immediate family members in five and a half years, the last of which occurred in June of last year. Just as hard hitting as the losses were the illnesses preceding and surrounding them.  Most days I feel like a survivor, like I can take the next day and be grateful I've seen another.  Each day I hear of a new story of suffering...and indeed many are far worse in circumstance than anything I have ever seen or will ever endure.  Today it is teeming with much needed showers, and I am temporarily alone in the house, and need to create to pay homage to those I keep in my heart and my memory who can't be here, as well as those close to me every day, and those who have suffered those harder losses......I still feel blessed and will indeed laugh tomorrow...... 

I know I must prize the glory of life
Try to savor the sunshine
Keep what's mine
And feel fine

I looked to the stars despite your strife
Looked out the window
Scared to know
You might go

If you could not move at all
I felt your anguish
Watched you languish
And I wish

If ill health took your life's recall 
You'd say my name
Rebound and claim
Your lead in this game

If you're the one whose frame was gaunt
I must extol
your control
Though you were not whole

If life allowed the lungs to taunt
It seemed surreal
That daunting feel
You might not heal

If you fought to gulp or speak
I'd like to trade
Not how we're made
Oh, please don't fade

Malady's left you frail and weak
But if you leave
And see me grieve
Know I believe

I'll not wallow in the sorrow
And if you're there
I'll say a prayer
You're in God's care

The expectation of tomorrow
Yours here is done
I'll know the sun
With you, I've won.........





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers