Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It was twenty years ago.........




From our early days in Parkesburg circa 1992...I made one of thousands of trips to our local Acme Supermarket, and one day there was a reporter who asked me if I would mind my family being the subject of that week's photo feature called "Gotcha!"  I agreed, and the rest is history.  I can't find the original newspaper, but it was called the Daily Record. My, how the times change.  The Acme sits dormant in a shopping center with a few businesses, and a few more vacant shops.  I haven't seen a Daily Record in years and years.  The children in the picture are all adults, and fine ones at that.  Another child followed in 1994, and was often pushed in his stroller by the little gal in the photo.  The guy with the big glasses is me and I'm still kickin' with smaller, more powerful glasses.  I think that jacket still hangs in my closet, and the moustache is gone.  I'm glad I said yes to the photographer when he made his request.  If I hadn't I wouldn't have had this glorious moment of remembering....and restoring, once again, my feeling of being one who is blessed.............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers