Moments

Moments
Moments

Blog Archive

Friday, June 15, 2012

The Word of the Day is PUSH!

The word of the day is push!

The first question:    How long does it take for someone who is fifty five and still alive to realize that the cable on the self pushing portion of his lawn mower has broken?  The answer:  I don't know....I don't know how long I pushed before I realized it was broken.  All I do know is that in addition to strengthening my leg muscles, as I do each time I mow, my arms suddenly feel fit from all that pushing.....and the moral of the story is:

When at first the mower's push            
Makes a mower hit a bush
And that bush the tool does smush
The mower has the perfect push
But know your mower and it's push
'Cause if it stops, it's time to push!
*******************************************

The next question:  How long does it take to remove a wallpaper border that has been affixed to the top of the wall for nearly twenty four years?  I thought it would be a piece of cake, but after pushing furniture all over the room, pushing that step ladder to where I needed it, and of course, pushing that scraper back and forth, and up and down for nearly four hours, I was nearly pushed over the edge.....and the moral of the story is:

A job that takes three kinds of push
Is just a pain in the pusher's tush
Relaxing wouldn't take much push
And when I've done my final push
I'll find a seat with extra cush
Grab the remote and choose and push!
*******************************************

The final question:  When will the first grandbaby be born?   He or she was due three days ago.  Mom and Dad have decided not to learn the sex of their baby.  I understand this completely, and felt the same way all those years ago when we were anticipating the births of the babies.   However, enough is enough!  Show your face, Little One....Grandpa's ready!  Bring it on......and the moral of the story is:

Unknowns that only you can smush
It's out of my hands, so I'll not push,
A bird in the hand's worth two in the bush
I know I can't hasten, you have the push
So move and make your mommy push
Curmudgeon's heart gets turned to mush!
*******************************************
.....and there you have it.....the word of the day is definitely PUSH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers