Moments

Moments
Moments

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rejected by the Marines

The Marines don't want me. I was at the high school tonight and a table was set up with several brochures and  two impressive recruiters standing behind it.  As I passed the table one of the gentlemen asked:

"Ready to join the Marines, Sir?" 
"Sure!" I replied.
"OOH, I  wasn't expecting that answer!"  he responded with a little sarcasm in his voice.

Two can play this game, you know. 

 "What, you mean there's an age limit?" I asked with a serious expression.
"Yes Sir, 28. What are you, about 29 or 30?"  He responded with the same look.
"Yes I am."  I said with a smile.
He smiled back and informed me,  "I'm very sorry Sir, you don't qualify."

The three of us broke into laughter, I wished them well and they returned the gesture.  It's hard to quibble about my snow colored hair and middle age being the joke of the day when I've finally earned the title 'Sir'!...AND I LIKE BEING CALLED SIR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers