Moments

Moments
Moments

Blog Archive

Monday, March 12, 2012

A sad moment.........

I am a friendly but quiet, private person.  As one who tries to be a listener, and to live and let live, I find it ironic that those that know me and my life the least are the ones that know what is best for me.  They confront me in front of anyone, anywhere using guilt and embarrassment as tactics to persuade me.  I thought that kind of behavior was reserved for junior and senior high school.  Fortunately, as I've aged, I am less of a pushover than ever, know myself better than ever, and do my best not succumb to the pressure.  Still, I wish they would show the same compassion, know when they've overstepped their boundaries, and back off.  I don't think they'll succumb either............makes me sad.

2 comments:

  1. I understand and it makes me sad too. So sorry.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu hit a nerve! Thank you for the enlightenment. I know how you feel, I've felt the same way and here's what I found... it is their issue & they are trying to make it mine. (if they persuade us to see their view that will make THEM feel better about themselves, ego).

    As a mother, grandmother, mentor & holistic health consultant I have learned that what other people think of me... is none of my business. (Even tho we grew up with 'what will the neighbors think?')

    That said, I concur, I don't like to be pressed it is uncomfortable at best. I like to make light of it so I won't let their issues bring me down ... so in those situations I chuckle to myself 'I am humbly thankful that I'm not them.' hehe

    ReplyDelete

Followers