Friday, June 21, 2013

Senior Living

What did I do when 93-year-old Aunt Rose wanted some company on a senior citizen bus trip to see the Reading Phillies play? I went, of course, expecting a general admission seat and a hot dog, most probably because I got what I could handle out of the invitation...the main idea...and the details would come later. My son thought it was appropriate for me to accompany Aunt Rose and her friends on this excursion, as I would blend in nicely. As I began to examine the details, I realized that I was being treated to a seat at a table with an all-you-can-eat barbecue buffet, a fabulous post-game fireworks display, a group of fine people to spend a lovely seasonal evening with, and a bonus....Chase Utley working his way back to the Majors! I did blend in, and it was a wonderful way to spend an early summer evening!


Aunt Rose and me - 6/20/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers