Moments

Moments
Moments

Blog Archive

Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Facebook Positivity Challenge, Day 1: The Garage Door

Here we go again.  Facebook users have coerced challenged each other to post three positive things each day for five days.  It's a nagging noble task and I feel obligated honored to participate.  Here goes.....



















The garage door on the front of my house is made of wood.  I remember when we moved into the house nearly 26 years ago, it was a glorious shade of white and complimented the curb appeal of a new home quite nicely. Well, time and the weather have taken their toll.  It looked neglected.  I thought of replacing the door with a new vinyl one. That would cost money. Five years ago, I purchased a tiny can of exterior white paint with every intention of doing the job of repainting the door, but it didn't get done.  This year the paint was already in my basement, so it was free!  A positive!  I even own several paint brushes!  Again, Free!  A second positive!  Yesterday and today were two perfect weather days, after a few hot and humid days, for doing the deed. Another positive!  The painting is done.  I could have taped the borders of the windows to prevent unwanted paint mistakes, but there was no tape.  There is, however, a razor blade already in my possession to scrape the small amount of paint from the glass.  Again...free!  So many positives!  Some scraping and a little cleanup and it'll be a project worth waiting for.  As if all this positiveness was enough to satisfy the cause, the most positive and fun part of the job was watching several breeds of little insects fly into the freshly painted door and either get stuck on the paint or fall to the ground, depending on the force of the impact.  The ultimate positive!



Facebook users have also pressured challenged each other to push encourage three friends to post their own positives.  If you feel the positive in what you've been given today, share it, but in the slightly reversed words of the good old Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle story I read countless times to my kids so long ago: 


   Do it because you want to, not because I tell you to!


 May tomorrow give us all some positives to post!

                            Dedicated to M.W. Thanks for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers