Moments

Moments
Moments

Blog Archive

Friday, August 5, 2011

My Garden.............

It's been a bad year for gardening.  In May, the spring flowers illuminated the garden in the front of my house.  The beast called winter was a distant memory.  Where there was once snow, there was now color and life.  From May 31st, 2011 until today, the weeding, planting of annual flowers, and creating hanging baskets justifiably were placed on the back burner as my family and I cared for, said goodbye to, and paid homage to our Matriarch.  I was out bright and early on this gorgeous August morning and began picking weeds and cropping dead stalks from the perennials that had finished their cycles for this year.  Upon that clearing, I came upon this stone, which has been in the garden for years.  It signifies everything I am feeling today.  Mom loved going outside and weeding her garden while she was still living in the old house.  When she came to my house, she admired the lilies, the lamb's ear, the azaleas, and all that provided the color explosion.  Then this stone would come into view, and no matter how many times she saw it, she laughed out loud.  I think it brought her more joy than the flowers!  It brought me joy and did a little more to help me put things into perspective today.  I hope it brings a smile to your face as well.......have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers