Moments

Moments
Moments

Blog Archive

Monday, August 29, 2011

CH-CH-CHANGES............

Today, the humbugs of the hurricane are over. The electricity and phone are restored. The new school year begins with a two hour delay in  my school district due to storm difficulties, but it begins nonetheless. It is a monumental beginning in this family. Since the end of the last school year, all of the children have had major changes in their lives, and of course we have too.  Kevin is now in upstate New York, John is in Harrisburg, and Karen is teaching in a Camden charter school and living in Philadelphia....but the big story on Action News is the addition of Brian to the graduation wall.  Today I begin the final of 22 years as a school-age parent.  The final search for a fitting college, the final high school commencement, and the start of the dreaded empty nest syndrome.  Lots of adjectives to describe how I feel today:  Happy that I have this graduation wall, melancholy that time passes so quickly, proud of my children's accomplishments, disappointed in mine,  lucky for what I have, content with what I don't. All in all it's a great life, and I'm ready for this new chapter! 

1 comment:

  1. You sell yourself short! Raising 4 wonderful kids makes for a great accomplishment! Albeit the job didn't pay well, but overall, the kids were raised to be loving, caring and thoughtful individuals, with faith in God and a desire to make this world a better place than they founds it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers